Comments

Hello! I've noticed that there are some numbers in this stub corresponding to references in Wikipedia. What is the preferred way to deal with them? Should they just be deleted so there would be only one reference ``Wikipedia'' or Wikipedia's references should be copied into the article?
    Comment Source:Hello! I've noticed that there are some numbers in this stub corresponding to references in Wikipedia. What is the preferred way to deal with them? Should they just be deleted so there would be only one reference ``Wikipedia'' or Wikipedia's references should be copied into the article?

I usually delete them or if they are very important I try to keep them. I know John might have a different view

Comment Source:I usually delete them or if they are very important I try to keep them. I know John might have a different view

thx fof fixing the link btw. I added a table on species breakdown (distribution).

Comment Source:thx fof fixing the link btw. I added a table on species breakdown (distribution).
    edited August 2011

If we want to be really good, we should write our own material instead of copying Wikipedia. However, Staffan has started a lot of interesting pages by copying passages from Wikipedia. Sometimes I take the material Staffan has quoted and rewrite it using my own words and - if I have time! - add some new ideas. I encourage other people to take such pages and improve them.

Ideally, our pages will have a greater focus on 'how scientists and engineers can save the planet' than Wikipedia will.

If we copy a Wikipedia article, we can either delete the references or, if they're really important, add them to our page. Of course we should cite the Wikipedia articles we copy.

I've improved Biomass slightly - not much, though.

Comment Source:If we want to be really good, we should write our own material instead of copying Wikipedia. However, Staffan has started a lot of interesting pages by copying passages from Wikipedia. Sometimes I take the material Staffan has quoted and rewrite it using my own words and - if I have time! - add some new ideas. I encourage other people to take such pages and improve them. Ideally, our pages will have a greater focus on 'how scientists and engineers can save the planet' than Wikipedia will. If we copy a Wikipedia article, we can either delete the references or, if they're really important, add them to our page. Of course we should _cite_ the Wikipedia articles we copy. I've improved [[Biomass]] slightly - not much, though.

I intend to do this also, thats why i write "stub" when there is just basic Wikipedia info. But then I usually revise several times so at the end you'll see Allee effect which is not finished but further away. I also got a bit carried away with your idea about growing exponentially maybe!

Comment Source:I intend to do this also, thats why i write "stub" when there is just basic Wikipedia info. But then I usually revise several times so at the end you'll see [[Allee effect]] which is not finished but further away. I also got a bit carried away with your idea about growing exponentially maybe!

It's good to see people getting carried away on Azimuth!

Comment Source:It's good to see people getting carried away on Azimuth!