Mathematica online

Hello John

Mathematica online

We could set you up to run Mathematica + R + C and Python from Mathematica online scripts with access to GPM volumetric data and all kinds of other climate data as you know of. I believe you could run it from your laptop without any need to install Mathematica.

We could setup some GUI for you to get scripts running without need to learn much programming.

Dara

Comments

That sounds great! I'd love it!

I used to use Mathematica but our department can no longer afford it. I would like to test out Mathematica by drawing the densest known packing of regular tetrahedra. I've recently been wasting time in a silly side hobby of learning about densest possible packings of various shapes, and shapes whose densest possible packing is the worst possible. The SF writer Greg Egan has used Mathematica to create some interesting animated gifs of these. I don't plan to do anything as sophisticated as that, just run some pre-existing code.

My real programming projects should be related to climate data...

Comment Source:That sounds great! I'd love it! I used to use Mathematica but our department can no longer afford it. I would like to test out Mathematica by drawing the [densest known packing of regular tetrahedra](http://blog.wolfram.com/2010/08/30/tetrahedra-packing/). I've recently been wasting time in a silly side hobby of learning about densest possible packings of various shapes, and shapes whose densest possible packing is the worst possible. The SF writer Greg Egan has used Mathematica to create [some interesting animated gifs](https://plus.google.com/u/0/117663015413546257905/posts/SV6QRvABKDT) of these. I don't plan to do anything as sophisticated as that, just run some pre-existing code. My real programming projects should be related to climate data...

Hello John

10.0.1 version has the OFF-THE-SHELF Neural Network you are looking for.

D

Comment Source:Hello John 10.0.1 version has the OFF-THE-SHELF Neural Network you are looking for. D

I used to use Mathematica but our department can no longer afford it

John the CDF files I have been issuing require no Mathematica licensing at department or student or prof end. The CDF is full Mathematica but it is limited to a particular app e.g. packing you mentioned above.

Keep in mind in terms of $ economy

Dara

Comment Source:>I used to use Mathematica but our department can no longer afford it John the CDF files I have been issuing require no Mathematica licensing at department or student or prof end. The CDF is full Mathematica but it is limited to a particular app e.g. packing you mentioned above. Keep in mind in terms of $ economy Dara

In case you used CDF to teaching something e.g. wavelets or quantum stochastic petri nets or climate dynamics, there is no license fees at your end, nor the department. You could use 1000s of CDFs we could issue you as such.

D

Comment Source:In case you used CDF to teaching something e.g. wavelets or quantum stochastic petri nets or climate dynamics, there is no license fees at your end, nor the department. You could use 1000s of CDFs we could issue you as such. D

Test response.

Comment Source:Test response.